I thought i would share this easy vegetable soup recipe I made this week. I love soups in the fall/winter time. They are quick to make, filling, and an easy one pot meal. It also makes enough for us to have leftovers for the next day. I love recipes that go a long way.
This homemade chicken vegetable soup recipe is a great way to get additional veggies into your diet. It's also great for picky eaters and a way to get vegetables into your kids. Everyone will love this soup!
- Sautee chopped onion and minced garlic in olive oil/butter mixture in a 3 quart soup pot.
- Remove onion and garlic mixture and set aside.
- Add diced chicken to the pot and cook through. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Return onion/garlic mixture to the pot. Add 2 cups chicken broth, and the 2 cups of vegetables and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Take the pot off the stove and use an immersion blender to puree the vegetables in the stock.
- Return pot to heat. Add the rest of the chicken stock, the heavy cream, and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Add in your cooked chicken. Stir to combine and simmer for an additional 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with additional shredded cheddar cheese and/or croutons to serve.